Surgical body contouring following major weight loss removes excess fat and skin while improving the shape of the body. The result is a more normal appearance with smoother contours. Body contouring procedures may include:
- Facelift: Helps with sagging of the mid-face, jowls, and neck
- Liposuction: Removes excess fat, including the chin and neck, hips, abdomen, inner and outer thighs, knees and ankles and buttocks.
- Improves body contour and proportion
- Trims fat that won’t go away with weight loss or exercise
- Arm Lift: Removes excess skin from the underarm and reshapes the under portion of the upper arm – from the armpit area to the elbow.
- Improves sagging upper arms resulting from weight loss, aging or heredity
- Addresses excess skin, weakened tissues and localized fat deposits
- Breast lift: Helps with sagging, flattened breasts
- Tummy tuck: Removes excess abdominal fat and skin; typically, also reestablishes weakened or separated muscles.
- Creates a smoother, firmer abdominal profile
- Lower body lifts: Removes excess sagging fat and skin to treat conditions caused, in part, by poor tissue elasticity.
- Treats excess skin, cellulite and sagging fatty tissue
- Can treat the buttocks, abdomen, waist, hips and thighs in one procedure
- Medial thigh lift: Reshapes the thighs by reducing excess skin, and in some cases fat.
- Offers smoother leg contours
- Different types of thigh lifts target certain areas
Why Consider Body Contouring?
Dramatic weight loss has many benefits. After weight reduction surgery, or dramatic weight loss, skin and tissue often lacks elasticity to conform to the new body size. Body contouring may assist in patients having the desired body shape and size. Doing so builds self-confidence, allows clothes to fit more comfortably, and improves self-esteem.
To find out if body contouring is right for you, contact us to schedule a free consultation.