How to Get Natural Beauty From Foods
“Summer can be a lot easier for healthy eating, it lends itself to lighter foods,” says dietitian and spokesperson for the British Dietetic Association Alana Macdonald. “In the winter months we tend to eat more potatoes and bread, relying more on stodgy comfort food when it’s cold and rainy outside.”
These are the foods that experts recommend are good to eat this summer:
1. . Strawberries – Jammed packed with vitamin C, strawberries have seeds on them which are a good source of fiber. This helps to prevent heart and cardiovascular problems that may occur.
2. Tomatoes – Rich in beta-carotene and lycopene, which may reduce the effects of UV damage from the sun.
3. Salad Leaves –In order to maintain healthy skin, we need vitamin A which fresh leaves produce. Salad leaves are a source of carotene, which is needed by the body in order to make vitamin A.
4. Vegetables – Everyone knows that this is one of the healthiest choices but what some of you don’t know is that summer vegetables often have less carbohydrates and calories than typical winter vegetables such as carrots and potatoes.
5. Cold Summer Salads – These summer salads should be made up of herbs, grains, and pulses. Wholegrains are rich in Vitamin B which boosts skin cell growth. This will help with fighting off any sun damage that may occur during these summer months.
6. BBQ! – Everyone loves a good BBQ in the summertime and there’s no better way than firing up the old grill and tossing on some chicken with vegetables on a skewer. Subconsciously we tend to eat lighter in the spring and summer months to get into “bikini shape”.
If you are looking to improve your health and even alter your appearance, cosmetic surgery may be the way to go. For example, liposuction surgery can remove inches from your frame and provide a slimmer, more attractive physique, but it alone cannot help you maintain a healthy weight. The board certified plastic surgeons at Star Plastic Surgery can work with you to help determine what steps will be necessary after your procedure to help you lose weight and maximize the results of your liposuction surgery.